Chail is a small hill station and a beautiful tourist place in Himachal Pradesh India. It is place where you can enjoy the clam, pleasant and untold beauty of weather. Chail is called as silent beauty of Himachal because it is so much far away from the noise of cities. One can enjoy their stay in Chail with family.
Chail is in district Solan (HP) but not so much far away from Shimla (HP). Chail is 44 km from Shimla and 45 km from Solan. Name of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh of Patiala is written in the golden words in the history of Chail. Because he constructed Chail so beautifully that it become a centre of attraction for many tourist and nature lovers. Chail is situated at an altitude of 2,250 m. The place is surrounded by the forests of chir pine and deodars. The narrow roads covered with these trees mesmerize everyone.
The Chail Palace of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh is well known for its architecture and main attraction point. The palace was built as summer retreat by the Maharaja of Patiala during the British Raj because he was exiled from Shimla by British Lord Kitchener. Not only is this palace Maharaja Bhupinder Singh considered as a main hand for Chail Military School. Because after accession to the Indian Union, Maharaja of Patiala donated most of his buildings to Chail Military School and Government of India.
How to Reach Chail:-
Chail is well connected by roads with big cities and highway. Regular buses for Chail leave from Shimla, Solan, Chandigarh, Patiala and Delhi. Trains and flights facilities are also available at a distance. The nearest airport is in Chandigarh and Shimla and railway station is in Solan, Kandaghat and Shimla. But Kandaghat (Solan) is most nearest one. Taxi service is also available for Chail and from Chail.
But from main highway to till Chail you will extremely enjoy road your journey because of the beauty of nature.
Attraction Points of Chail:-
- Chail Wildlife Sanctuary is the main attraction in Chail. It is one of the largest areas covering forest with the Deodar and Oak tree.
- The Chail Palace of Maharaja Bhupinder Singh is very famous all around the world for its beauty and architecture. This palace is “the soul” of Chail.
- Chail Cricket gound is another beautiful attraction place in Chail. Well maintained Chail Cricket ground is the highest cricket ground in the world. At present it is used as the school playground by Chail Military School and during school vacations it is also used as a polo ground basketball ground etc.
- Sadhupul is famous for its river restaurants. A small bridge spot constructed over the river “Ashwini” attracts many visitors.
- Kali Ka Tibba is the beautiful hill-top temple in Chail. It is temple of “Maa Kali Devi”. The view from this temple is breath taking. The way which leads to this temple is also very adventurous and fully covered with forests.
- Sidh Baba ka Mandir is one another beautiful temple in Chail on the way to Cricket Ground. It was built by Maharaja Bhupinder Singh. This temple has its own importance in the heart of Chail’s local residents.
- Main market and its surrounding place is also attracts many visitors who passed from there.
Stay, Food and Language:-
Stay: – there are so many good hotel, resorts and motels where you can stay easily. The Chail Palace, Tarika Resort, Pine View, Hotel Ekant are some best hotels to stay in Chail.
Food: – Along with typical North India Food, you can enjoy some Pahari Dishes like siddu, chilla etc. you can enjoy Chinese, Continental and fast food also in local restaurants.
Language:- people of Chail generally speak in their local language Pahari which is very easy to understand but they can speak and understand Hindi very well. Most of the people of Chail are familiar with English language also. In short you can easily communicate with the people of Chail in any language.
Chail is a very beautiful and calm place to visit. If you want to spend some days far from hustle and bustle Chail is the perfect destination. There is a very different taste and aroma in the silent roads and surroundings of Chail. Chail is best to visit in any season. So plan your trip to Chail as soon as possible.